Saturday, January 9, 2016

Narcissist

I had no intention of setting my heart on a tee for you to take swings at
Is there someplace that you'd rather be?
Some whore that can fuck better than me?


Are you on the other side of the earth waiting for the phone to ring?
Have you forgotten about me?
Did I ever even enter your vocabulary?


I keep forgetting that you're dead
You've infected all the cells in my head
My heart is the only thing not getting fed


Is this torture your favorite game?
Am I not different?
Does she feel the same?


You might as well hit me, I'm going to cry
I won't kill myself,
I've already died


These pieces here scattered all over the floor
are me,
but I won't be bothering you anymore


You've cut out my heart and left nothing but tongue
All of my soul pours out in song,
but just becomes a hum


I'm crumpled in a puddle, in tears, I'm soaked
and you're nothing to me,
and I'm everything, and I'm broke


Let me out of these chains
I'll be able to fly
But you've got me locked down
it would feel better to die


Yes, I'm exaggerating, you mean nothing at all
It's just that my life got so boring
that it's exciting to fall


Choke me and keep me from breathing in air
and I'll hold your hand
because I'm the one that cares


I'm giving up slowly, you've got all that I was
and life isn't worth living
without having your applause


I'm sorry I have emotions and feelings and scars
You blame your lack of caring on growing up
and wars


You choose every day to be less than a man
Your kids are going to hate you,
much more than I can


I feel sorry for you, your fate is locked down
It doesn't matter where you go,
you'll find you in every town


Your family can't mourn what was never in your heart
But I'm mourning each time the sun rises,
each new day that starts


If I could set you on fire to awaken your heart
I'd hesitate to do so,
your flames burned for someone else from the start


I can pick up the pieces you've left me lying in
But glass shatters
and shards don't go back together again


So, thanks for breaking me wide open again
I forgot what it's like,
this agony, my old friend


Please stop torturing me by not even knowing
That you've hurt me so badly.
Don't pretend that my wounds aren't showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment